What Makes Us Create?

Why do you create something? What inspires you to build, to model, to make new? I believe we were created. We were sculpted. We were formed. We were put together out of inspiration and love. We were made in the image of our Creator. We were made to be like him, to carry his likeness within us, to reflect his likeness to each other. This is why I believe we create – as a response to the One who made us. If this is so, then we cannot help but create. If being creative is in our nature, how do we nurture this part of us? The way I am inspired to create is in response to all that I see, hear, smell, taste, experience that God has made. His creation astounds me and I love to attempt to replicate it. I love to find a piece that someone else hasn’t seen and show it – highlight what I see – say, look at this! When you see a shooting star, you can’t help but gasp, “oooooh!” Try looking for something today that makes you stop and point. Ask God to show you a piece of himself today, he has left messages all over his creation. Post a picture here if you find something that makes you want to say, “oooooh!”